What A Difference A Day Makes
by Jana Kennedy-Spicer on February 17th, 2015

​What a difference a day makes!  What a difference a year makes!!  Actually, what makes the difference isn’t the time span; rather it’s finally following the direction of God and doing what He tells us to do.
​“Right behind you a voice will say, "This is the way you should go"
whether to the right or to the left.”

Isaiah 30:21
​He might be telling us to do anything… talk to a specific someone, go to a specific place, make a certain decision, make a gift to someone, to do something, to stop doing something, to tell our testimony, to leave, to stay, to quit, to start…. Whatever it is, you know it.  It’s that voice inside that’s telling you what you need to do.  So why don’t we just do it?
​God has put each of us in a special place for a specific task,
if we don’t do God’s will where He has placed us – who will?
​Well, truthfully, the excuses and arguments not to follow that little voice are as numerous as the stars!  But what it really comes down to is that we decide not to.  Maybe we’re afraid of the outcome, maybe we’re not willing to let go, maybe we’re afraid of speaking in front of people, maybe we’re afraid of rejection, maybe we’d rather keep the familiar – albeit bad or harmful – than venture into the unknown.  Maybe we think we’re not qualified, maybe we’re comfortable and don’t want to rock the boat, maybe we just don’t want to change.
But whatever excuse - I mean reason - we have for not following God's direction, He has a greater reason and purpose for us TO follow His direction.
​“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be then dismayed:
For the Lord thy God shall lead thee wherever thou goest.”

Joshua 1:9
​See, our obedience to God is a means to an end.  It serves a purpose, a purpose we don’t always know or see; it serves HIS purpose.   If God is telling us to do something, it’s just one step, one part of His plan.  He has a specific purpose for each of us, a path or course to follow.  We can’t see that path, but God can.  He can see our entire life in the span of His eye, from beginning to end and every moment in between.  He knows where we need to get, where we need to be and provides individual guidance to us all along our path.  It’s a process, every step a progression to fulfill His purpose for our life.

For me, I spent several years making excuses for my disobedience to God.  When I finally took the first step of obedience, I realized that had I only followed God’s direction when He told me to “go”, not only would I have avoided many obstacles, but I would have been that much farther down God’s path for me.  I could have, years earlier, received the blessings God had waiting for me.
​"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "
plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

Jeremiah 29:11
​Don’t miss out on your blessings, friends.  Don’t make your life path more filled with obstacles.  Whatever God is directing you today to do, GO DO IT!  He has a reason, He has a purpose, and no matter what fear or concern you may have, you can know without a doubt that He has something wonderful waiting for you.

Blessings Soul Friends!
​​Jana Kennedy-Spicer is a blogger, graphic artist, Bible teacher and speaker passionate about inspiring and encouraging women on their daily walk with Christ.
​Read Jana's Testimony

Posted in Live Free Thursday    Tagged with obedience, plans, day, Isaiah, Joshua, Jeremiah

Trudy - February 17th, 2015 at 11:03 AM
"He has a specific purpose for each of us, a path or course to follow. We can%u2019t see that path, but God can." Thank you for this encouraging reminder today, Jana. I'm your neighbor at Kelly's.
Jana - February 17th, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Hi Trudy! Nice to meet you and so happy that you stopped by today. Blessings new soul friend, Jana
Tina M Wright - February 17th, 2015 at 11:06 AM
%u200B"God has put each of us in a special place for a specific task,
if we don%u2019t do God%u2019s will where He has placed us %u2013 who will?"

Amen! These are powerful and convicting thoughts you've shared with us today, Jana. As I read through this post, The Lord immediately brought things to my heart that I have made excuses to step out in Faith regarding. I needed this reminder to trust in Him and His purpose for my life. It's a blessing to have you join us this week with #RaRaLinkup.

God bless,
Tina
Jana - February 17th, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Hi Tina! Oh it is so convicting to me also!

Thank you for stopping by! Blessings new Soul Friend, Jana
KaBee - February 17th, 2015 at 1:44 PM
I don't want to leave a comment 'cuz you know me too well!! However... since God IS prompting me... I'll just say that I'm laying down my drive for "everything to be perfect" first, my fears and worries, and ultimately by disobedience. Instead, I'm jumping headfirst into the unknown and starting a project He's laid on my heart.

You are such an inspiration friend and I can't wait to see all the blessings that are going to flow down on you as a result of your obedience.

As the song says, "thank you for giving to the Lord... I am a life that was forever changed." Love you sweet friend.
Jana - February 17th, 2015 at 2:31 PM
love you too dear friend! I can't wait to hear about your new project.

Thank you so much for all your support, cheerleading and for joining me on this path.

Anita - February 17th, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Beautiful Jana and a blessing. May God Bless you, always. I needed to read this today....
Jana - February 17th, 2015 at 2:32 PM
thank you sweet Anita! and thank you for all your support! Blessings sweet friend
tencha chapa - February 17th, 2015 at 6:49 PM
This was indeed a blessing to me today. Thanks
Sheila Kimball - February 18th, 2015 at 7:10 AM
For me, I spent several years making excuses for my disobedience to God. When I finally took the first step of obedience, I realized that had I only followed God%u2019s direction when He told me to %u201Cgo%u201D, not only would I have avoided many obstacles, but I would have been that much farther down God%u2019s path for me. I could have, years earlier, received the blessings God had waiting for me.........ME TOO, Jana. But how wonderful is our Father in His faithfulness to us even when we roam like dusty little sheep. And the Good Shepherd welcomes us and gives us power to obey and once we do then He opens the windows of heaven and rains down blessings. Looking forward to getting to know you better as we are about equally long remarried, I think. Blessings...xxoo
Janet Daniel - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:45 AM
Jana,
Thank you for sharing your story. It is truly touching. It is a atory that I need to hear right now in my life.
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Thank you for dropping by today Janet!
Angela Martin - April 2nd, 2015 at 3:00 AM
I spent my share of time with fingers over my ears, making excuses for not following God. You know the excuse, "I don't have enough energy to exercise"? It gets proven wrong when we actually do it. That was me with God. Every excuse I made, He turned upside down when I quit making them. I love that He restores the years.
I'm glad you are no longer making those excuses and are sharing with us.
Joining you from Suzie's.
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:04 PM
You know if just felt so good when the excuses stopped. I really was sad that I had not done it earlier. But God is faithful and He has indeed restored the years.
Thank you for coming by today Angela. Blessings
Samantha Landrus - April 2nd, 2015 at 3:37 AM
It's always about doing what God tells you to do. Thank you for sharing.

It's so hard to look at the past and the time that has been waisted. Like you, I don't want to wast e a single minute more.
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:15 PM
Yes, always about obedience. #nomoreexcuses! Thank you for coming by today. Blessings
Kristine - April 2nd, 2015 at 4:35 AM
Praise God! So thankful He doesn't give up on us:) Thank you for the encouragement to follow His purpose. Blessings!
jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Yes praise God He is faithful to you even when we are not faithful to Him. Thank you for coming by today! Blessings to you!
Kim Stewart - April 2nd, 2015 at 5:24 AM
Jana, what beautiful words today to encourage me to #livefree: "Don%u2019t make your life path more filled with obstacles." I needed to hear that today!
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Thank you Kim!! You are such an encouragement.
Suzie Eller - April 2nd, 2015 at 6:50 AM
Jana, I love this beautiful blog and I love this beautiful post. It's powerful and encouraging. Thank you for joining with me today in #livefreeThursday.
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:13 PM
thank you Suzie! It is such a blessing to walk this path with you to #livefree... Thank you for leading the way!
Ellen Chauvin - April 2nd, 2015 at 8:35 AM
Encouraging post Jana! AND: Obedience builds faith! Amen!
Jana - April 2nd, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Thank you Ellen. It does indeed!! Blessings
Debbie Prater - May 21st, 2015 at 8:48 AM
I've always loved that verse in Isaiah. It's one of my favorites. We need to just keep moving forward confidently, listening for His direction. He will lead us. Don't stay frozen in fear and doubt! Move forward, keep moving forward.
Jana - May 21st, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Oh yes Debbie - listening to Him and moving forward! Thank you for coming by today and adding your comments! Blessings Soul Friend,