As Showers Upon New Grass
by Kim Stewart on January 18th, 2016

Do you ever hear a song on the radio and it just takes you right back to a happy place in time? For me that’s 80’s music. High School days.

“Don’t Stop Believin”….
“Livin’ On A Prayer”…
“Don’t You…Forget About Me” …

I can remember every word to those songs. They instantly put a smile on my face as memories come rushing back.

Songs. Easily learned and remembered.

No wonder Moses chose a song to share his final message to the children of Israel so many years ago about the character of God:

Hear, heavens, and I will speak!
Listen, earth, to the words of my mouth!
May my instructions descend like rain
and may my words flow like dew,
as light rain upon the grass,
and as showers upon new plants.
For I’ll proclaim the name of our LORD.
Ascribe greatness to our God!

Deuteronomy 32:1-3

Moses’ song goes on to remind them to learn from their mistakes. To trust God. To respect God’s Word and obey it.

Easier said than done for this girl who tends to stuff and hide.

Stop hiding and start seeking.

But seeking God and His Word doesn’t come easy for me.

Thankfully I’ve discovered a new resource that I think will make all the difference in the world to me:  I Know His Name, a new Bible study by Wendy Blight.
Wendy writes:

​“It’s not about increasing our head knowledge.
We are studying God’s Word so that we can know Him better
and so that God can change our hearts and our lives!”

​Let’s seek God and allow his Word to descend like rain, and to flow like dew.

“I love a rainy night...."

Blessings Soul Friends,
Today's blog post is part of our #SoulDeep Daily Scripture Reading Series on #newlife
​

Kim Stewart is a wife and mom and loves Jesus, coffee, and caramel. When not indulging on those, you’ll find me writing at http://kimstewartinspired.com/

My hope is to encourage women like myself to stop hiding, and start seeking God in our daily struggles. My favorite hangout is Twitter and I’d love to connect with you there @kimstewinspired.

Posted in Soul Deep Scripture    Tagged with #newlife, Deuteronomy, Bible Study

Jodie - January 18th, 2016 at 6:57 AM
Oh, I love a rainy night...ohh.ohh. Ok making those song sounds come to life in letter is hard :) Prayers for your journey as you seek to go deep! It's so good to do it together Kim!
Jana - January 18th, 2016 at 8:13 PM
love being on this journey with so many wonderful women
Kris - January 18th, 2016 at 8:31 AM
Thanks for sharing this valuable resource with us, Kim:) Oh and by the way, next time we get together we can have an 80's music karaoke singalong!
Jana - January 18th, 2016 at 8:09 PM
Great post Kim! 80's Karaoke -does it require 80's hair??
Stephanie K. Adams - January 18th, 2016 at 11:21 AM
"Yes, I love a rainy night"...oh what a crush I had on Eddie Rabbitt. And, I know that this study by Wendy is going to increase my crush on GOD! I can't wait to begin this with my community.

Thanks for sharing today, Kim
Jana - January 18th, 2016 at 8:14 PM
So looking forward to Wendy's new Bible Study!
Betsy de Cruz - January 18th, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Thanks for sharing about Wendy's study. I was struck last week in the #LifeShakingWord study that KNOWing God is our goal and our reward. And I'm with you girl. Love that music. For me it goes back further, late 60's and 70's. Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney were already singing when I was in the cradle, but I liked retro music as a high schooler. (And so do my kids, so that makes for double fun.)
Jana - January 18th, 2016 at 8:15 PM
Oh Betsy, love all the same music!